This article is about OCEARCH Shark Tracker, a tool that will help you learn more about sharks and other marine animals. OCEARCH is a group that wants to help these animals. They attach tags to their flippers and use satellites to see where they are going. You can use their website or app to see an animal map. You can see a lot of things like their speed, distance and water temperature. You can also choose the animals or groups you want to see. You can filter by type, gender, age or time.
OCEARCH Shark Tracker is not only fun, but also useful. You can click on each animal’s name to get more information about it. You can see its history, height, weight and photographs. You can also read their blog to see what they are up to around the world. You can also help them by donating money or buying something from their website.
The OCEARCH Shark Tracker is important because it shows how amazing these animals are. They have secrets and issues that you may know about. OCEARCH wants you to care more about them and your home by the sea. They also want to work with other people who can help them live and be safe for a long time.
OCEARCH: Helping the Ocean and the Animals
What is OCEARCH?
- OCEARCH is a group that wants to make the ocean healthy and full of life.
- They try new things to learn more about the ocean and to teach others.
- They work with many people and groups from different places.
- They study big animals in the sea, like sharks. They catch them and bring them on their ship. They have a special place on the ship to learn more about the animals.
- They also teach kids about the ocean and the animals that live in it.
- They use a thing to show where the animals go. They make stories and videos about their work and share them online.
- They want people to know more about sharks and why they are important to the ocean.
How does OCEARCH learn about the animals?
- OCEARCH learns about sea animals like sharks. They have a ship with a place to learn and a thing to lift.
- The thing to lift can bring the animals from the water to the ship. The thing to lift does not hurt or scare the animals.
- The place to learn has many people who know different things. They do many things to the animals, like taking sample blood, checking if they are healthy, putting something on them, and looking inside them. They learn more about the animals from these things.
- They also share what they learn with other people. They have a thing that shows where the animals go on the web. Anyone can see the thing and follow the animals. OCEARCH does this to get new information about the ocean and to make the ocean better and richer.
How does OCEARCH teach others about the ocean?
- OCEARCH has many things to teach people about the sea and how to save it. Some of these things are:
- The OCEARCH STEM Lessons help students learn STEM skills by following the sharks on the thing. The lessons are free and for grades K-8. They use the thing and the new science rules.
- The OCEARCH Thing lets anyone see where the tagged sea animals go on the web. It also tells about the animal’s name, kind, sex, size, weight, and where it has been.
- The OCEARCH Media has stories and videos that show what they do and why. They also have podcasts, blogs, and newsletters about the trips and the people.
How can you follow your favorite sharks on the web?
- You can see where the sharks go on the OCEARCH Thing. Here is how you do it:
- Go to the OCEARCH Thing website or get the OCEARCH Thing app on your phone.
- On the website, you can see a world map with pictures of the animals. You can make the map bigger or smaller, move it, and click on it to see different places and animals. On the app, you can also choose what kind of animals, sex, or place you want to see.
- To learn more about an animal, click or touch its picture. You will see a window with its name, kind, sex, size, weight, and where it has been. You can also see a photo of the animal and a link to its page.
- You can see more about the animal on the page, like its story, trip, sponsors, and research partners. You can also see a graph of when it pinged and a list of its pings. A ping is when the thing on the animal sends a signal to another thing in space when it comes out of the water.
- To follow an animal, click or touch the “Follow” button on its page. You will get messages when the animal pings. You can also share your favorite animals with friends on social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How can you help OCEARCH?
- You can help OCEARCH and their work. They want to make the ocean better and full of life. Here is how you can help:
- Give money to OCEARCH. They need money for their trips, teaching, and telling people. You can also pick a shark to help or get a shark tag. Go to their [donation page] to give money.
- Buy things from their friends. They have sunglasses, tickets, boots, beer, bourbon, watches, and coolers. Some of the money goes to OCEARCH. Go to their [partners page] to learn more.